Pub Theology Group will meet on Thursday, February 21, at 7:00 pm at Jackie Williams-Armstrong’s home. (Jackie’s address is included in the email reminder.)
If you are not on the church email list and would like to be, please contact the church office, 517-321-2244 or Office@StStephenOnline.org
THIS WEEK'S TOPICS:
Polar Vortex, weather, climate and human activity.
1. Favorite snow day activity?
2. Share how you were impacted by the Polar Vortex last week, if at all.
3. Is it fair to say that human sin can affect the weather? In the past, some conservative Christians have blamed sin like homosexuality (their words) for events like Hurricane Katrina. Were they right about the ability of human actions to impact the weather? Wrong about which actions? According to scientists, extreme weather events like the Polar Vortex may indeed be the result of human-caused climate change. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) suggests that severe snowstorms may become even more likely as the world warms. Discuss this link of human activity and climate/weather shifts, and what you think we can possibly do about it.
4. Is reducing its carbon footprint on the agenda for your church or religious community? What creative ideas have you heard in regard to churches taking action on climate and ecology? Share any steps you’ve taken individually or as a family.
5. Is there a connection between your understanding of “the gospel” and how we care for creation? Discuss.