Below are the topics/questions for the Pub Theology discussion for Thursday, January 16. We will meet at 7:00 pm at Horrock’s (7420 W. Saginaw, Lansing 48917) in the Café Room (just off the parking lot on the north end of the garden building).
New members are always welcome! Join us for beverages, conversation, and God! We look forward to seeing you!
Discussion topics and questions:
THIS WEEK: Reflecting on the new year ahead.
1. What are you looking forward to most this year? What are you most worried about?
2. What spiritual or personal goals do you have for the year ahead?
3. What actions in your life will have the longest reaching consequences? How long will those effects be felt?
4. Do you pray for certain things to happen? What is it OK to pray for? What would be an inappropriate use of prayer?
5. Is your church ‘seeker sensitive’? What does that even mean? What is the difference between being ’seeker sensitive’ and just being welcoming and hospitable? How do you feel about using language that communicates to someone with little to no church or theological background? Is there a time and a place for ‘insider language’?