St. Stephen Lutheran Church logo

Who We Are

St. Stephen Lutheran Church is a congregation of the North/West Lower Michigan Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) serving Northwest Lansing. The congregation began as a mission congregation in 1956. For information on the ELCA and the North/West Lower Michigan Synod, please see the "Links" page.

The congregation has a good mix of people of all ages from young to old, with a strong sense of community where deep and lasting relationships are formed - relationships that strengthen and sustain us for life and ministry.

In order to give focus and direction to the congregation's ministry, we are organized around the Vision and Mission statements on the following pages.

St. Stephen is also home to the offices of the North/West Lower Michigan Synod of the ELCA.

The pages that follow are the ongoing, ever-revolving examples of how we are working to live out our vision and mission.

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon